Vessel Information:The Hardwicke Transporter is 11 Meters (37 Feet) and powered by twin Volvo Penta D4-230G engines with DPI drives. The Vessel cruises at an average of 20 Knots with a full load. The maximum weight capacity is 4500 Kg (10000 lbs.) on its open 7 x 3 Meter (23 x 10 Foot) deck.
The vessel is compliant with the current Transport Canada Small Vessel Safety Regulations.
Services:Our primary service is delivery of freight. Secondary services are emergency vessel towing and being used as a work platform. Common freight we transport are building supplies, equipment parts, fuel barrels, kayaks, tree seedlings and vehicles.
- Combined freight weight over 4500 Kg / 10,000 lbs.
- Anything that restricts visibility from the helm. Common requests in this category are trucks with FISTs or other canopies, Travel or cargo trailers that are over 7 feet high.
- Your intent is to go freshwater fishing or hunting. This is due to BC Wildlife Act regulations requiring a Transporter Licence. To date, the cost of the licence compared to the number of requests for this service makes it not worth getting the licence.
Rates:The Hardwicke Transporter is billed out by the hour from when the vessel leaves its berth to when it returns. We also have a 2 hour minimum charge.
The 2021 rate is $290.00 per hour plus GST with discounts for those who have:
- a positive payment history with us,
- a 75% deposit prior to departure and with remainder being received at the end of the trip.
All of the loading/drop-off sites have usage fees. The customer can either pay those fees themselves or we will bill them back to the customer at a markup.
Payment forms are: Interact E-transfer, Cheque, Credit Cards (via Square), and Cash.